A speed test helps to know, How Fast Is Your Internet! Using Our Internet speed test tool, You can test downloading and uploading Speed (DSL/WiFI).
Better internet service is all about speed. Now, the way the Internet works is quite simple. Computers are connected via an extensive network that’s supposed to route information to and back from your device. In other words, the volume of the data that is transferred through a connection in a given amount of time is what’s known as internet speed. It measured in megabytes per second (Mbps) as a standard metric. Let’s expound more on everything you should know about your internet speed testing and more.
Understand Your Result
The test result shows the capability of your internet connection.
With all the talk about jargon like Fiber, gigabytes, megabytes per second, and the likes, it could be hard for a novice to understand internet speed. Well, you don’t have to be a tech pro to understand some essential terminologies:
- Download Speed: This is measures the process of transmitting information from the Internet to your computer. The information could be photos, videos, or even games. For example, Youtube/Facebook video streaming, surfing a website or loading a webpage. You need more download speed if multiple peoples are using the internet connection at the same time.
- Upload Speed: The rate at which any data uploaded/transmitted from your internet-connected device- a computer or phone to the Internet. In simple words, a speed at which your pc or device can send data to internet servers like uploading a picture, A video to a youtube channel or Facebook page. You need high upload speed if you want to send large files and for video chat (Skype).
- Ping: also technically known as latency, ping refers to the reaction time of your internet connection. If the ping is fast, it, therefore, means that your connection will be more responsive and ideal for heavy usages, such as video-gaming. Ping, in a better way, can refer to the time it takes for a small data packet to be transmitted from your internet-connected device to a server on the Internet and back to your device. A ping test is usually measured in milliseconds.
How to perform PTCL Speed Test Online?
After connecting to your Internet, you might discover that the speed is fluctuating, low or off. Curiously, you might want to figure out what could be the problem. The first thing to fix the internet speed problem is to test it.
Pakistan has over 44 million internet users (Which is 22% of the total population of Pakistan) and 1% of the total world population. Due to the 4G service offered by mobile networks, Internet users increasing exponentially.
Ptcl is one of the renowned and oldest internet service providers in Pakistan. It is one of the oldest cellular companies. They have the largest share of internet users among its competitors. Due to unlimited downloading and uploading data, a user likes to stay with them. Also, one of the best things about this company is that you can share the internet with many users.
If you are PTCL user, then you can test your broadband speed 4g charJi, Evo cloud, 3g Evo wingle
As they have the largest database of internet users, many of them face downtime on the internet. If you are one of them and want to check internet speed. You are in the right place. Our speedtest tool provides you the solution to check the speed of your broadband & wifi. You can test your ping, download & upload speed.
Common causes of Slow Internet Speed
There are several reasons why you could be experiencing low internet speed. The following are some common ones:
Multiple devices connected to your network could be saturating your bandwidth. Hence, you may want to check the number of devices accessing the Internet from your network when you realize that the speed is slow.
The type of internet access could also determine the maximum speed of your Internet. Here are common Internet access types:
- Dial-up. This is the slowest type of access delivered via Public Switched Telephone Networks (PSTN), but it is not common anymore.
- Digital Subscriber Line. This type of access is provided by an (ISP) also through a telephone network. It’s not the fastest type of connection.
- Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH). This one of the fastest Internet connections delivered via Fiber optic network to homes.
- Wireless Internet. This is the type of Internet, delivered via a wireless medium. This type of connection is affected by range among factors. For example, if a Wi-Fi connected device is near the router, you will experience high internet speed. If you happen to move further, it slows down.
The problem could also be beyond your control. It could be emanating from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) side.
How to troubleshoot your Internet Connection
You need to know how to do quick troubleshooting of your Internet speed and issues to fix problems fast. Here are the simple steps to do this:
- Again, check your Internet using our tool first. This helps you determine how low your speed is or if it’s off. If you are experiencing issues, then you have to move and find the root cause of the Internet problem.
- You can start by closing any websites or Internet connections that are running concurrently with each other as they might be congesting your network.
- Make sure that you have the latest browsers. Outdated browsers could have loopholes such as extensions, which could be slowing down your internet.
- If your connection, via Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection to the router, is OK, move on and check if the router is connected to the Internet. You can do so by checking the physical connections and the LED indicators to establish if there’s an unlit or red light.
- If you still can’t figure out what’s causing slow internet speed or no internet at all on your side, then contact a technician or your ISP for help.
- Internet speeds fluctuate, You should perform test 3 to 4 times to get an accurate result.